1. Pettiness is a surefire way to find yourself friendless in no time. Stop sweating the small stuff.
2. Telling someone their career goals are ‘unrealistic’ is small-minded and sad for you. Someone has to write the best sellers, produce the music and direct the box office hits. If anything, your negativity just adds fuel to the fire.
3. One of the hardest things I try to wrap my head around is petty people who have a problem with someone, talk to everyone but the person they have a problem with and expect it to get better. Grow a pair and confront your issues instead of feeding your own shitty habits.
4. Life is boring when you don’t have an online order to look forward to…
5. “What if people attack you with savage vitriol, and insult your intelligence, and malign your motives, and drag your good name through the mud?
Just smile sweetly and suggest — as politely as you possibly can — that they go make their own fucking art. Then stubbornly continue making yours.” — Elizabeth Gilbert, Big Magic
6. A hairstyle. Cannot have. A fucking sexuality. When I’m told that my current haircut is “lesbian”, my eyes roll so hard I can see my most buried memories. My hair was not cut for you.
8. Nah but legiterally, think about it. We live a certain time away from each other. I manage to make it to your house with no complaints, ever. I ask you to come to me. “Oh, but you live so far.” ???????? I travel the EXACT SAME DISTANCE to get to you. Don’t be a shit mate.
9. There are start times at events for a reason. Don’t be a shit mate x 2.
10. And when it’s all said and done, what we’re left with is this single moment. The “present.” Right now.
Do with it what you may; waste it, watch Netflix, eat shit, drink multitudes of tea/coffee/beer. Do me a favour and close your eyes for a moment. Realise that, truly and honestly, you cannot seize every single moment and use it to your fullest potential; it’s physically impossible. But if you, right now, can look at your ugly reflection, with your double chin and jumper that desperately needs a wash (no? just me? ok), in your computer screen after binging on your current fave Netflick, and say: “This is making me happy,” then do as you please. This life is yours, after all. No one can dictate what is yours.